Purpose of this notice
This Notice describes our responsibilities with regard to how we manage personal information held by us. By allowing us to hold your details, you consent to Hurly Burly Brewery Ltd maintaining and using the information to improve our service to you. The security of your data is of utmost importance to us and is collected lawfully and maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Hurly Burly Brewery Ltd
Unit 1, Block 4
Inveresk Industrial Estate
The nature of the data we may hold
The information we collect and hold is likely to include your name, contact details, information about your organisation and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
The purposes for which we may hold your data
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:
- Process data to carry out a Contract or Service – if we supply goods or services to you, or receive goods or services from you, we need to be able to contact you and to record any work performed for invoicing purposes. This information is likely to include your name, contact details and payment details, information about your business and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements as a customer or supplier.
- Process data for a Legitimate Business Interest – on the basis that it is in our legitimate interest to do so, we may use your name and contact details to tell you from time to time about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
- Process your data with your Consent – we may ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties so that they can tell you about their products and services [events, campaigns etc]. If you agree, we may also pass on your information, in certain cases, for the purposes of conducting a credit check. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Process your data to comply with Legal Obligation – we may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Changing your preferences
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please send an email to email@example.com or contact us at 0131 665 8135.
Duration of data retention
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
You have the right to ask us at any time
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications.
Links to other websites
There are links to other websites in our website. This privacy notice applies only to this website and to Hurly Burly Brewery Ltd so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Contact details regarding this Notice
The Data Protection Officer responsible for the security of your data is:
Hurly Burly Brewery Ltd
Unti 1, Block 4
Inveresk Industrial Estate
You can contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you, or wish to exercise any of your rights with regard to the your data we may hold, by writing to us at the above address, or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of this notice
Updated: 18 Feb 2020